Saturday, June 4, 2011

Going Viral

So for the past 2 weeks I've been feeling pretty sick. I have headaches in the front and back of my head, sharp and dull respectively. I've had the chills even when the sun is out and I've overheated at night and gotten hot flashes. I feel really light headed and dizzy every once in a while. All in all I didn't even know what was going on. It all started when I got back from my nature photo camping trip (the photos will be dispersed throughout this post) and I was thinking that I was just dehydrated and so I drank a lot of water for 2 weeks. But when I didn't get better I got scared.

I called my parents and they told me to go to the clinic. My mom thought that I most likely had Mono, which is possible ONLY because I share bottles every once in a while. But I realized that my bottle sharing hasn't happened for a while. My cousin, however, reminding me that Mono takes 6 weeks to manifest or whatever and so maybe it's been growing for a while.

Anyway I went to the doctor and had them examine me. It was fairly easy, not even a real physical. They drew blood and I had to wait as they tested it. The doctor also suspected that it was Mono but he said that the blood test would help confirm it. When he came back into my room, he stood by the counter and cryptically said, I have good news and bad news. The good news was that I didn't have Mono and that my white blood cell count is normal. However the bad news was that the Lymphocytes in my blood were low, and that meant that I definitely had a viral infection or disease. Also, they didn't know what I had. The doctor said that their Mono test isn't that reliable (I don't know why, don't you think all clinics or hospitals should at least have up to date, more reliable tests like that?). So he said he was going to send my blood to another clinic or blood place and have them check it there. Then we would be able to know for sure what I have. So he gave me some medicine to take for a sort of sore throat I've been having due to allergies and something for the light head. Sadly the sore throat stuff makes me drowsy, not very good with my already problematic fatigue.

Today I took the medicine at 1 and then I clonked out until 6. Craziness.
Anyway, the point is peeps, you may have to stay away from me for a little while. And I you sadly. I don't know what I'm going to do about school.

Well, at least I got the photos. I don't know what they have to do with my virus.

1 comment:

  1. Sad! I hope you get better soon! I'm sorry you're sick. if it makes you feel better, my mom got mono from bottle sharing.. with her sister.. who got it from kissing. haha! Crazy how things spread like that.