Sunday, April 3, 2011

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

I'm not one to publicly write about my religious views and thoughts but I have decided that today is one of those days where I do something different.
This weekend is the weekend of General Conference, a weekend where all of the members throughout the church look toward Salt Lake for council and uplifting. I love this time of Conference because I do feel uplifted as well as united. It's a lot of fun to see the people in Salt Lake and hear the talks.
My favorite General Authority, if I can have one, is President Dieter F. Uchtdorf, second counselor in the Church Presidency. In his talk this Sunday morning he asked the members to use modern technology to proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
I just want to say that I know and feel that the Church of Jesus Christ is led by Jesus Christ himself, and by God our Heavenly Father. I know that they live and love us. They love everyone, members of the church and non-members. They love sinners and thieves. They love straights, gays, bi's, and everything in between.
Sometimes we as a church receive a lot of guff for what certain individuals say, but I know that God is merciful and loving unlike we imperfect human beings. I can assure ANYONE that by living the principles that are taught in the church, they can be happy and feel good. I have felt the change and the brightness in my life. 
I encourage everyone to look into the church and really study what it is about. Forget about past mishaps and problems, look at what is happening now. The goodness and service and the love.
I know it's true and that Jesus Christ and God love us and will help us at all times.

No comments:

Post a Comment